Monday, February 12, 2007

Mailbox Sonnet #2358



‘Think outside the metal box’ said
the mailbox. ‘Don’t allow the curse

of air conditioning to ruin your
union-grade hemp crop’ said the

glossy flyer for The Herbal Collective.
‘Kindness starts at home’ says the

latest copy of The Watchtower.
‘Syphilis starts at home’ says the

Sandal’s travel brochure. ‘Believe
it all’ says the wise, old strand

of Christmas lights. ‘Yeah, we’ve
been around’ added the mailbox

‘See those plugs in the brick, over
there? I used to hang there.’

*

Last night, this poem was written & performed by me during the Poet's Eve, Volume 5 launch party at The Cornerstone. A good time, in Guelph, was had by all. A good vegan-friendly bean dip was had by me. There was an option to add cheese for 1 dollar. I got that cheese. Please do buy a copy of Poet's Eve. I am in it twice.

No comments: