Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Letter to Tony Robbins



Dear Tony Robbins,

I have co-written a textbook for
your alma mater, Glendora High:
Go, fighting Tartans, would you
not agree, Mr. Robbins? Of course
you would. Anyhow, my textbook
is called So, You’ve Decided To
Touch Yourself
. It’s been lovingly
reviewed on Amazon.ca, by none
other than the Mr. Sherman “By-
His-Own-Bootstraps
” Helmsly.
He reviewed my new Glendora High
textbook as follows: “I was looking
for the young ficus plant which
is purportedly shaped like Issa;
you know the one which playfully
bows over the edge of it’s chipped,
earthenware pot in order to gaze

upon his own roots? Come to think
about it, I got very distracted
by this book. This book made me
forget all about the things that
I used to think were cool: TV,
microwaves, robotic vacuums.
In fact, this new book seemed to
get distracted by me, or at least,
it took me a little too seriously.

I think it neglected to concentrate
on it’s own sense of impending
Void.”

Sincerely,
Ryan

No comments: