Tuesday, October 23, 2007

.5 Act Play



Bunny: Dear, do pass the Our Compliments' grated cheese product.


Clay: The wind is low, the birds will sing.


Bunny: (Addressing the studio audience) He's not listening.


Clay: That you are part of everything.


Bunny: Aparently, Clay, my regular passive aggression is a touch too bland tonight.


Clay: Did I ever tell you that when I was five, or so, I used to tell people that I wanted my eye colour to directly reflect whatever was in the sky at that particular moment.


Bunny: (Directs the studio audience to look towards the rafters) He's not listening. He's up there now. Look around, around, around (Points to the rafters).


Clay: Leave this warm, little warren with me, darling. It's perfect, yes. But it's also cold. And maybe a little doomed.


Bunny: (Points to Clay) You know, back when I first met him, I thought he'd have been more malleable than this.


Clay: Call me Fiver.

Bunny: No.

Clay: You know if I had those special eyes, right now they'd be the colour of two satellites. My irises would be mostly grey, with Russian flags stuck to their greyish sides.

No comments: