Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Art Bar, Discovery Night


The hypothesis of Eternal Return postulates that reality has recurred innumerable times.

It has done so, long before God, who in her infinite wisdom, provided fish with the wherewithal to crawl towards land; thereby escaping the influence of extremely tedious water-breathers.
Therefore, all evidence suggest that Eternal Return is going nowhere. Well, it may come here, but later.

Anyhow, what I am trying to say is that Friedrich Nietzsche twice-predicted that repetition shall reign supreme, that is, "until all rhymed verse had been transmogrified into infinite quantities of chicken-soup epigraphs for Rilke’s under-appreciated soul".

The previous statement is not true; however, much like Hell, Windsor, or Chuck E. Cheese, such concepts can affect change without facts.

In fact, did you know that according to his recent exposé in The Fiddlehead, Stephen Hawking now believes that worm holes actually result from the universe caressing its own egg-tube? That’s a fact. That’s a Stephen Hawking fact.

On an unrelated note, I entered a poetry contest at the Art Bar last night. I was voted out in the first round. I returned to my table & graciously attempted to vote for the remaining contestants, but I could not. My ballot had somehow become a seminal vesicle, & my ballpoint pens had all become tiny, lemon-shaped cocoons of worm eggs.

I was left with no choice but to, once again, get very drunk. Would you like some Underberg Bitters? No seriously, take some. I have lots.

No comments: