Friday, June 19, 2009

The Convocation



Last night, I met my soul at a
graduation party. The pair of us
shared a joint on the concrete balcony,
and everything was all right for a
while. We discussed fixed election
results, superfluous bachelor degrees,
and how tempting it can be to
outsource a coming revolution.
However, it was not long before my
soul returned to the kitchen, and I
was left alone, looking for something
that resembled an ashtray. Beyond the
foggy windows, I knew that my soul
was lost somewhere within that
heady throng of promises, hugs, and
camera phones. As midnight came,
I simply stood there, and let my
breath dance around me like
cold smoke. I did not search out
my soul again that night. I figured
there were other people it needed to
catch up with, you know, before
it was too late.

No comments: