Friday, December 14, 2007

The Gusto: or, Prolific Songwriter, In a Vintage Cowboy Hat, Earnestly Confronts His Impending Doom


I am working very hard
to open the clearest, universal, absolute,
one-time channel of communication,
everywhere; and to say something
that needs to be said,
and then that’s it.
I am using this as a vehicle,
and the easiest analogy
to make you understand,
very clearly,
you know that I want people
to be very clear about
why I am doing this.
Say, like, when Buddha comes,
in the year-- whatever year he came,
and he’s dealing with peasants
and potatoes
and a certain mentality,
but very important
that the message be said,
and then repeated
and documented
in that way.
Well, I just chose to use
the worst fucking technological
absolute time
when people are distracted
infinitely more, and said
that I would do this job,
which is: I am
doing it.
And, um, I’m not going to say
any more about it.
I am just going for it,
the gusto.
***
The preceding is a found poem
from the documentary Dig!
You may view it on
Youtube,

No comments: